A book that I recommend.

Hello! Today I'm going to talk about a book that I really liked and that I recommend.

The book is called "Cadáver exquisito" by Agustina Bazterrica an Argentinian writer, I read it not so long ago, a few months ago actually. I found out about this book from recommendations on instagram videos where people recommend bizarre books, this one is well known in that community. It's about a world where animals can no longer be eaten because they have a virus that kills people when they consume meat or animal products, so they kill all the animals and try to continue, but in the desperation, people start eating each other and to solve this the government legally inaugurates human farms, breeding, raising and killing these genetically altered people to sell the meat. I really liked the book, not only for the obvious reflection on the horrible procedures that animals suffer in slaughterhouses but applied to humans, I also liked the main character's reflection on the world and how he loses everything when the change from animal to human meat happens, the book really shows human cruelty and how we think that what we consider "our necessities" is more important than everything (no matter if it's a thing or a life).

That's all for today. Bye!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A reflective post about my semester in FAU.

Blog August 22, 2023: Presentation.

My cultural Radar (Part 2)