My cultural Radar (Part 2)

After reading the Guardian snapshot in part 1, I'm going to name 6 things that are on my cultural radar at the moment:

1. Movies: For a while I've been very interested in extreme horror movies. I think over the years I've been getting more into this world of movies that aren't as well known. Although there are psychological films that I really like, I'm more into body horror films and the special effects involved in these. Lately I'm really interested in Mikel Balerdi's independent films, I find it impressive how he acts, makes the special effects and shoots his films with few other people.

2. Musical artist: At the moment I think my favorite and the one I listen to the most is Rob Zombie, I really like his style inspired by classic horror movies and all the halloween vibe he gives in his songs and shows. I'm really looking for more musical artists that give this vibe (like Alice Cooper, Powerman 5000, etc.).

3. Magazine: Right now I'm reading from time to time a magazine called ZineShock: Magazine of dark and brutal cinema. It's not new, in fact it was published from 1991 to 1995. The magazine it's about different extreme themes in various movies.

4. Videogames: Over the years I've stick to play the same videogames, but I always keep an eye on Stardew Valley (a farm game), the creator is constantly updating it and I'm very interested in a new videogame he is working on called "Haunted Chocolatier".

5. TV shows: I'm really used to rewatch TV shows like Modern Family or Supernatural, but I always watch The Walking Dead, it's probably my favorite series of them all and so far they continue the story of some of their characters with miniseries.

6. Fashion: I'm not a big fan of buying tons of clothes or following big fashion brands, with this topic I mean the people I follow that have a style or type of fashion that I like and take inspiration for my own style (not literally the clothes they wear or the makeup, it's more like that freaky vibe they give), some examples are grasshoppxr or pippambarnes (look them up on instagram!).


Those were 6 things on my cultural radar at the moment. Bye!

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A reflective post about my semester in FAU.

Blog August 22, 2023: Presentation.