Someone interesting that I follow on Social Media.

On instagram I follow Mikel Balerdi (@mikel_balerdi_extremefilms), he's an independent body horror film director, photographer and painter, but he's not only the director of his films, he also acts, shoots and makes the special effects for them, he also do classes on how to make and work with bizarre special effects. For being an underground director, usually his films are released in festivals and a few cinemas. I've been following him for a couple of months, probably 5 months or so since I saw one of his movies.

This movie that I saw is called "Larva Mental" which is about a man's own physical punishment for the guilt of his wife's death, in fact he plays himself in that movie. I think most of his movies deal with this theme of going from a mental conflict or guilt to a physical punishment and that's where he can put into practice these special effects that he does. I really like his versatility in this type of work since he creates the situations for a movie, shoots it, makes the music, acts, does the special effects, etc. This shows that he's a very creative person who explores many ways to express his art. When I saw an interview of him, I also became very interested in his personal life and how his personal life influenced many of his films.



That's all for today. Bye!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A reflective post about my semester in FAU.

Blog August 22, 2023: Presentation.

My cultural Radar (Part 2)